Saturday, August 6, 2016

Update For July

Such a busy month.  Hardly anytime to blog.  I apologize for that.  The month started out wonderfully as I attended a Free To Breathe Lung Cancer Conference in Minneapolis, MN.  The amount of information and the new friends you make is magnificent.


Such great information and made so many new friends.  It is a wonderful feeling to be sitting in a room with over 100 people who know exactly what you're going through and how much they understand.

After the conference, I was able to spend 4 days with my brother Alberto, his beautiful wife Stacey and Stacey's family.  I LOVE HER FAMILY.  As you may remember, I was unable to attend their wedding a year ago so this was my chance to meet everyone.

Below is my favorite picture - look behind us (up and down).  I've finally met a family as crazy as mine.



But the fun didn't end in Minnesota.  Four days after returning from MN, my sister and I drove to Virginia for our yearly "lovefest" with our cousins from across the US for 10 days.  This is a yearly event and fun to had every day, every minute, every second.


Cousin Shocky's backyard


This month has been so action packed.  I ended the month with my normal Opdivo treatment but the GREAT news is, on August 18, 2016 my doc is doing additional CT scans so we can see if the Opdivo is working.  Prayers are needed.

I've also begun to make some slow changes.  I've always been a water drinker so I started adding lemons to my water jug.  WOW - makes you feel so energized.  I also started drinking those NAKED juice drinks.  Between the two, I don't know what's doing it, but I feel great, so I'm not stopping.

Now if I could only walk a 1/2 a block without getting out of breath and needing a nap, life would be great LOL.

Will update again after my scan results are in.  God Bless - have a great summer.







1 comment :