Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Minneapolis, Minnesota

What an awesome trip.  I have been in Minnesota/Wisconsin since Friday, June 24th.  My trip started with a FreeToBreathe Lung Cancer Conference.  My brain is on overload with all the wonderful information I learned and all the upcoming treatments that will be able to help all of us trying to survive this horrible disease.

On Sunday, my brother Alberto picked me up from the airport and we had a Spaghettifest with his wife, Stacy and her entire family.  WHAT A WONDERFUL GROUP OF PEOPLE.  You may remember I was not able to attend their wedding due to my chemo last year so this was my first time meeting them.  They welcomed me with open arms and love as if I had known them my entire life.  Tomorrow is my flight home, so tonight they are having another get together to say goodbye to me.  I am going to miss them all so much.

The last two days Alberto and Stacy have taken me to see various areas of the Minnesota/Wisconsin area.  It is breathtakingly beautiful.  I am actually writing this post in the hotel business area so I will not be able to post pictures until I arrive home. 

I may have mentioned before, since beginning chemo, radiation and immunotherapy, I have gained 40 lbs :((( but when I arrived here I weighed myself and realized I have lost 23 lbs in the past 3 weeks.  Not sure how but I'm not complaining.  Although, I am quite sure my doctors will not be happy next week when I go in for my next infusion.

I have felt my normal self while here, with the exception of the last 2 days.  Both days, for about 5 minutes, I developed double vision.  The first day I blew it off.  The second day I called my Oncologist office.  The nurse indicated if it continues for longer than 5 minutes, then I should go to an emergency room.  Otherwise, they will see me Tuesday.  ( I'm voting for Tuesday ).  I am a bit alarmed because I don't know if this is a side effect of immunotherapy or something else (which we will not speak of yet).

My plan is to see the doc Tuesday, immunotherapy Wednesday, then leave for a 10 day trip to visit my relatives in Virginia.  I think at this point, I have to wait until I see the doc to confirm it is still okay for me to go.  Keep you fingers crossed for me.

A special thank you to my brother Alberto and sister-in-law Stacy for their hospitality.  Lack of sleep while I'm here and their love.  Poor Alberto works nights and has had a terrible lack of sleep during my visit.

A special thank to to the Koblas/Ratcliff family for all the love they have shown me while I was here.  I will miss you!!!!

So keep those prayers coming - we shall see what happens Tuesday at the doctor.

No comments :

Post a Comment