Friday, August 1, 2014

Chemotherapy Round 2 - Done! (**Updated)

Round 2 - Done.  All my blood work was within normal ranges so I was able to take the treatment.  Well, the one exception was that my Platelets were high - but that is not so bad.

My baby daughter, Maria, went with me.  Pootie called from Colorado during the treatment.  It's great to have "them both there."  Maria even went and got us Subway for lunch :)

My Chemotherapy Partner for today <3


The morning/afternoon ended with Maria discovering I have 2 bald spots that have started - and she even was KIND enough to take Snapchat pictures to send to people.  What a kind soul she is :)




My hair has never been this thin - and there are several actual bald "patches" across the back. So far I can spike it to hide it but I don't think I'll get past a few more days of this.  

Then Maria decided to be a great daughter - She cooked dinner for her momma - chops marinated in olive oil, garlic, mint and onions - then seared with peppers and onions - served with Mac n' cheese!!




I expect the next 7-10 days to be on the rough end of the scale mostly due to fatigue - I tended to sleep alot the first week after the first treatment - 16-18 hours per day.  So I hope to update soon.  I may pop in and say Good Morning and Good Night at about 6:00 p.m.

Thanks for your continued love and support!!

No comments :

Post a Comment