Sunday, August 3, 2014

3:00 a.m. And Awake, Again

Last day of my 3 days a month of steroids and I am awake again in the middle of the night.  But, tonight, I'm over the moon excited to be awake.  

I checked my phone and I see that my baby brother, Alberto, got engaged while I was sleeping.

Focusing on the positive and the future is difficult while travelling this journey.  I am so excited and have a new perspective tonight.  Keeping spirits up, maintaining some type of normalcy and embracing happiness is the key to anyone fighting this disease and tonight, I feel like I can do that with open arms.

I'm actually still feeling fairly well.  Obviously, since I'm still going through my non-sleeping phase, the fatigue hasn't set in - keeping my fingers crossed it passes over me this time :)  This weekend has been packed full with Doodles spending several days with me, my new hair "cut" and Bucky coming for dinner today.  Life is good!!

Alberto and Stacy, Congratulations and many years of happiness - I love you both!!

No comments :

Post a Comment