Saturday, July 26, 2014

So Far So Good

Yesterday I had my second week of bloodwork which followed my first chemotherapy.  My levels are all still within normal ranges.
Some cancer treatments, especially chemotherapy, may cause a decrease in your body's WBCs. Cancers  can cause a decrease in the WBC count.  treatments may cause a condition called neutropenia, an abnormally low level of neutrophils.
When I first started chemotherapy, most of my blood levels - white blood count, red blood count, etc - were above normal.  So, realistically, they all dropped but are now at the lower range of normal - WOOOHOOO....

I also noticed that this week I had a bit more energy.  I cooked a bit more and last night even took a drive to visit my daughter and some old friends.  I was tired when I got home but not as exhausted as I was the week before.  I hope the trend continues that the fatigue is only present the first week after a treatment.

My next treatment is Friday, August 1, 2014 and I am hoping all will continue to go well.

No comments :

Post a Comment