Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Port In - Ready To Go

Yesterday was the day of my surgery to place the Port in my chest.  The last thing I needed to do to prepare for Chemotherapy to start this Friday.

As per my track record, I got there at 10:00 a.m. for an 11:30 a.m. surgery and they didn't take me in until 1:30 - LOL !!  Something about the operating room was running behind.....

I know have another incision in my chest - I'm beginning to think my upper torso can become a game of connect the dots/incisions.  This surgery has a 1-1/2 inch incision on my chest where the port is actually placed and a 3/4 inch incision in my neck (not exactly sure why that was needed).  I noticed today significant bruising is beginning.  I shouldn't be surprised because it is quite sore on my chest and the neck area is actually painful.  Probably alot of poking and prodding during surgery.

This week was not all bad - my baby brother Nick was in town for his job so Maria and I were able to see him and have dinner with him on Monday.  And next week, Albert will be back in town for his job so we will get to see him.  Now, if we could just get all 4 of us in the same town at the same time.

So the next two days will be recuperating from yesterday - hopefully the pain/soreness will lessen before they have to use the port on Friday to hook me up.  From what the tell me, Friday will be a 4-6 hour day so I may post while there - or at least afterwards.

1 comment :

  1. You are a pillar of strength -- and I'm still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete