Friday, May 23, 2014

Tuesday - It's A Go (So Far)

Oh I feel so bad now.  My rant last Tuesday when my surgery was rescheduled twice must have REALLY made an impression on the Surgery Department at Fairview - Cleveland Clinic.  

First the surgeon's office called to confirm Tuesday then she told me the Surgery Department would be calling me in a few minutes.  Then woman who schedules all surgeries, Eileen, called to give me instructions for Tuesday.  (She was also one of the unfortunate people I yelled at last Tuesday).  

Eileen said she wanted to personally call me to give me the details for arrival time because she wanted me to know that "we know we have put you through the ringer mentally and we want you to know you are important to us and we are ready to serve you on Tuesday - with all the best experts in Northeast Ohio."  She went on to say that she had personally spoken to my surgeon after the episode this week and everyone was aware that my surgery must take place soon. 

Then a few minutes later, the surgeon's Nurse Practitioner called me - she is the other person I yelled at Tuesday...again, sweet as could be - just checking on me to make sure I knew it was a go for next week!

Uh oh... was I really that bad when they called - YES!!!  I kept apologizing to each of them for taking my anger out on them when it wasn't their fault but none of them wanted to hear it - each of them were extremely apologetic, professional and concerned.

So as of right now, my surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 10:30 a.m.  I am still extremely confident in my surgeon.  He is truly one of the best Cardiothoracic Surgeons in town! And unlike last weekend, he is not on-call so there is no way they will reschedule me again :)

No comments :

Post a Comment