Tuesday, May 27, 2014

New Chapter Begins Today

6:30 a.m. and I am about to start getting ready to head to the hospital.  I have to arrive at 9:00 a.m. and surgery is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. 

There wasn't much sleeping going on here overnight.  I would fall asleep for about 15 minutes and wake up abruptly and then about an hour later fall asleep for another 15 minutes and repeat and repeat.  I'm not surprised nor am I tired because I anticipate sleeping through the next few days.

I will have my cell phone with me and hope to post a "hello" as soon as the meds wear off enough to see what I type :) In the meantime, if you want to check in, message my sister Maria or my son Gregory on Facebook and they will give you an update.  I still don't really know how long I will be in the hospital.  Various nurses have told me 3 or 4 days up to 7 to 10 days.  What I do know is that it depends on how long I have to keep the chest tubes in.  

Even though the last few months have been stressful I truly believe today begins a totally new chapter in my life.  Actually, a new book.  No matter what the future holds I know in my heart things will never be the same.  

P.S.  I hear John Travolta is in town filming a movie so if you see him, feel free to send him my way to visit me :)

1 comment :

  1. My prayers and positive thoughts will accompany you... there is a candle burning for you in my house and heart.
    You are blessed to be surrounded by your wonderful kids and grandkids and lots of friends, close by and 'far away who are all pulling for you'. Don't get any ideas about John Travolta, he is on layaway. :-))

    ReplyDelete