Thursday, April 9, 2015

4/9/2015 Update

Monday's appointment was rather disappointing.  Not in the way you would think.  I was hoping for confirmation of spread of the beast or confirmation things were okay.  But, the doctor couldn't really give me either.   He said I have to have a biopsy of the lymph nodes.

Last year I had three surgeries that involved my chest (lung removal, biopsy, port placement) so there is quite a bit a scar tissue - as a result they don't want to do the typical biopsy surgery.  Instead, I am having an Endobronchial Ultrasound.  Basically, they put me to sleep, then go down my mouth and gather the samples they need.

The biopsy is scheduled for 4/14/15 at 7:00 a.m. and then I have an appointment with the oncologist 4/23/15 to discuss results and what to do next.

No comments :

Post a Comment