Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tomorrow Is The Day *UPDATE*

92 days and the day is finally here!!  What a fiasco this has been.  My surgery was originally scheduled for 7:30 a.m. today.  Last week they called and changed it to 7:30 a.m. tomorrow morning - I just called to confirm what time to be there tomorrow and NOW,  my surgery is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. tomorrow (Wednesday).  I've been given conflicting answers in terms of how long I will be in the hospital - one nurse said 7-10 days total and another said 3-4 - so, who knows.  I just hope they have good drugs!

The surgery is a Thoracotomoy Lobectomy.  Removal of the entire lower left lung lobe, removal of a portion of the upper left lung and removal of lymph nodes.  The expectation they have given me is I will have lots of tubes and will be in ICU for a few days (which is normal).  The procedure is expected to last approximately 4 hours.

My technology is going with me - my cell phone and my Kindle - so I will post something as soon as I can.  

Just remember - 



No comments :

Post a Comment