Monday, January 4, 2016

A New Year....New Challenges

Happy New Year!! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.  It was pretty good on this end.  Not having chemo at the moment makes everything better.

I did have a Cat Scan this morning to check to see if the new spot that they found on my right lung in November has gotten bigger.  I won't get the results for that until Thursday.

February 2014 is when I was first told I had lung cancer.  Had surgery.  Had chemo (multiple times).  Had radiation.  There was no way in hell I would ever have thought I would be still blogging in 2016.  I can only thank God, my children and my grandson.  They are what have always given me the strength and determination to fight this beast.

There may be another spot now.  I may have to start treatments all over again.  But, that doesn't matter.  In the past 23 months I have watched my children grow and mature, my one son graduate with his Masters Degree and my grandson have 2 more birthdays.  These are the things that truly matter.

4 comments :

  1. Keep up the good fight, Jennifer. I had non-small cell lung cancer (inoperable) in spring 2000, and am still here to tell folk about it. :-) Love Bill (Dunblane, Scotland).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, your message is such an inspiration. Thank you for your wonderful words. Lifting you in prayer, Jennifer (USA)

      Delete
    2. Jennifer, I too was diagnosed with Stage 3B in my right lung in 2005, cancer free for almost 8 years, diagnosed with Stage 1 in my left lung at the end of 2014 and I am still here and enjoying life to the fullest cancer free once again.......don't ever give up.

      Delete
  2. Jennifer, I had stage 1 non small cell lung cancer in August 2014. Went thru 5 extensive radiation treatments that would have been 10 weeks for someone else. Could not have operation due to 3 open heart surgeries and Lupus. Each time the CT scan or PET scan is done so much anxiety not knowing when it may return but with prayers and my faith in God he has brought me thru this. Keep fighting and have faith is what I try to keep focused on and my family and friends. Not easy but we have to fight this journey we are on. Thank you Lord for the blessings and I ask you for the blessings to heal friends I do not know and ones I do.

    ReplyDelete