Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Middle Of The Night Ponderings

3:30 a.m. and I'm awake - FINALLY!!  Chemo really knocked me on my butt this time. Friday and Saturday, I felt great (well, not great, but you know) but since Sunday, I have basically just slept non-stop.  Constant naps.  Up for about an hour then another 3 hour nap.  

It feels GREAT!! Finally, I slept. Now my mind is racing and I'm wide awake...... Upset stomach is going away, grogginess is gone, exhaustion is gone.  Dont' get me wrong,I could lay back down and sleep another 4 hours but it feels so good right now, I want to go take a walk or something.

Being awake in the middle of the night has its drawbacks too.  You think of the oddest things:

  • What is Cameron dreaming about?
  • What will my future hold?
  • Driving to see Caitlyn tonight
  • So excited to spend Christmas with all 7 of my children for the first time in over 5 years
  • Grateful for everything - and I mean everything - the amount of help and support I receive is overwhelming
  • Why do people sweat the small stuff?
  • When will it snow?
  • A dependable car - finally!
  • Health of my children and grandchild
  • The love of my children and grandchild
  • My daily phone calls from my children
LOL, the last one, daily phone calls - times 7 - at times can be challenging but I love it - especially when some call me 3 or 4 times a day - It's great to feel loved.

Yeah, I'm losing it - I think of the oddest things in the middle of the night!


No comments :

Post a Comment